No announcement yet.

Original `SS Lebensborn` pin with history and provenience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- A COA from dealer he also authenticated a SS Viking ring a few years ago,,,and wasn't there that 'bad' 'walk in' helmet at a show a few years ago so forget COAs from anybody.--

- with those LB books you'd think there would be some mention of the pin,,or a line drawing etc. but nothing..
    I'm not exactly sure but the original name of the company might have been 'Northstar'. Selling all sorts of nicely made reproduction and fantasy pins items..
    One was pin was made from a prototype drawing from a jewelry company.. A large oval with a Viking ship. Had the saying Gegen England around the border etc etc. and big SS runes on the sails. Finished well and done is a pretty good blue enamel and the GG on the back..
    They made a nice 'Stalingrad' cross stic pin too. You see all 3 at the big US shows. There wren't a lot made and they show honest wear from being 25 years old or older!
    Same deal with this LB pin. its just an old decent made fantasy..
    I think Jo's posts are right on,,l,,that and you'll never going to find any real period photos in wear or something from the 'period' manufacturer..

Hey IF you guys really like it then great,,enjoy it right!, thats whats its all about..

Comment

Mein Gott.. this is like starting all over again... I will tell the woman – now in her 70s – a US collector definitely can confirm the pin she remembers as a little girl from the first half of the 1950s – when she lived on the countryside with her mother here in Norway – actually is “made by 'Northstar'. Selling all sorts of nicely made reproduction and fantasy pins items”. She will definitely think I am the crazy one!

History denial!

To TheFantasyChoir: You must wake up from your fantasy now! *over and out*

Comment

Originally posted by militaria.no View Post
        Mein Gott.. this is like starting all over again... I will tell the woman – now in her 70s – a US collector definitely can confirm the pin she remembers as a little girl from the first half of the 1950s – when she lived on the countryside with her mother here in Norway – actually is “made by 'Northstar'.
        While you are telling her that, don`t forget post 78, the Swiss collector who confirms that there was never such a pin during the Third Reich era. (You may want to sit her down for that one)

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
          While you are telling her that, don`t forget post 78, the Swiss collector who confirms that there was never such a pin during the Third Reich era. (You may want to sit her down for that one)

...and the Oscar goes to Bla-Bla-Bla-nd!

I include a link to a highly relevant thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post7724212

Comment

Pin

I spoke with an elderly lady recently, and she actually remembers a Lebensborn pin that her mother wore back in Germany. She SWORE it was the same one as the photo posted here......but she also handed me a gold-colored bottle cap, and asked me if it was a Spanish doubloon.........I told the homeless woman to hold onto it in case it's real.

Comment

I have been fascinated by this discussion and so much so that I bought one from our own member RonR. Of course, for less than $15.00, I could not go wrong.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

yes, the Oscar,,thank you.. IF you read is the badge was only in the artists rendition,,,a prototype drawing... I don't think many SS landed on the shores of England did they?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                  yes, the Oscar,,thank you.. IF you read is the badge was only in the artists rendition,,,a prototype drawing... I don't think many SS landed on the shores of England did they?
                  What do you think the intention was in 1940?

Real-life Nazi blueprints reveal how Hitler planned to kill famous Brits and turn Blackpool into an SS playground.

Bizarrely, Adolf Hitler ordered that Blackpool must be spared during the Blitz so it could be used as a playground for his German troops after a potential invasion.

Terrifying details of Nazi plans for "undesirable" Brits were revealed in the SS Black Book.

Notable figures such as Winston Churchill, Virgina Woolf, Noel Coward, Neville Chamberlain and H.G. Wells were to be arrested.

26th February 2017, 12:04 pm:
                  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/290622...nspired-ss-gb/

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                    yes, the Oscar,,thank you..
                    Don’t steal Jo Rivett`s Oscar for his "While you are telling her that, don`t forget post 78, the Swiss collector who confirms that there was never such a pin during the Third Reich era (You may want to sit her down for that one)" - Warren Beatty is not here...

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                    I spoke with an elderly lady recently, and she actually remembers a Lebensborn pin that her mother wore back in Germany. She SWORE it was the same one as the photo posted here...... (…)
                    Very interesting to hear sgstandard If you meet this woman again ask if she know what her mother`s connection to the organization was?

Comment

Pls delete.
                      Last edited by Christian76; 06-01-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X